Monday, July 28, 2008

Crossfit and new website

First of all, I'm launching my photo website:

www.jholroyd.com

Things are very much in their infancy. The selection of photos is limited (just some random stuff I grabbed off my hard drive), and not representative. Expect things to change as I get time to organize. Lightroom says I have almost 40,000 photos. I filled another hard drive. Half a terabyte here I come...

Yes, Joanne, I'm wading through the learning curve on Lightroom. Very cool stuff.

At some point, you'll be able to order prints of my work, but I have some figuring to do on how to turn that feature on and get it working properly.

Crossfit:
Crossfit Total.

Rode to gym on the commuter bike. It felt good, even though it was about 85 degrees with 99 percent humidity.

Push press: 130 pounds (new PR!) This was tough. I've been stuck at 125 forever, and I've tried 135 a few times but always stalled out. I wavered quite a bit, but managed to get the weight all the way up.

Back Squat: 305 pounds (tied with my PR.) It felt so easy that I went for 325 and failed. Should have gone for a 310 or 315. Oh well.

Deadlift: 415 pounds (tied old PR that I haven't hit in over a year, and with much better form.)

Overall, my total weight went from 835 on 20080709 to 850! Woohoo! I'f I'd been a bit smarter, I could have done 860, I think. It's nice to see all the hard work paying off. That number hasn't moved upwards in a long time. Feels good to be making gains again.

...and it looks like it's Helen tomorrow! Sweet! Running, dumbbell swings, and pullups. I've finished this one 4 or 5 times with the same time within seconds. Time to move the bar.

2 comments:

J4 said...

I bonked today - didn't eat enough. D'oh! So, I've postponed CF Total to tomorrow morning, and will have to fit Helen in after work. Ugh... I either eat so much that I gain weight, or not enough and I bonk. No, I hadn't had pasta for lunch.

J4 said...

Darn. Your number is more than double my number. Grr.