Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Crossfit-20080702

Five rounds for time of:
135 pound Deadlift, 15 reps
135 pound Hang power clean, 12 reps
135 pound Front Squat, 9 reps
135 pound Push Jerk, 6 reps

Humbling. Started strong and went downhill from there. Something tweaked on my first round of front squats, but I soldiered through it.

34 minutes and change. Lots of resting. Form was pretty good though. I just gassed heavily, which is understandable given the relative paucity of metabolic conditioning I've had in the last couple of years. Marathons are a bad habit for Crossfit.

My hands are highly abraded.

On a positive note: My 1991 Kawasaki EX-500 turned over and ran for the first time in 5+ years. It's been a multi-year project, and I've finally got around to finishing it. The paint on the tank and tail section is complete, but I think I need one more round of wet sanding and paint on the fairing.

It will be up for sale soon, for around a grand. I want to get some commuting miles on it for a while to make sure it's in a condition I'd feel good about selling it.

Plus, when you have something that gets 49 mpg and does 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, you kinda have to enjoy it. I love this bike, but I just don't have the room to keep it anymore.

1 comment:

J4 said...

*grin* You mean that training for and running marathons *isn't* metabolic conditioning? :o