Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day Workout

First of all, good job to Joanne, who is coming a long with her pushups nicely!

http://jehr.blogspot.com/2007/12/really-thats-all.html

So I'm at my parents, which means that all I have access to is a flat, cool basement floor and some woefully outdated Weider cable pull machines.

Thankfully, Crossfit yesterday was brutally simple:

150 Burpees.

So I did them: 20:40.96

Owie. That suxx0r3d pretty hard. To make up for it, I had one of my Mom's excellent home-cooked meals. All is right with the world.

Tomorrow is Crossfit Total. I suppose I could go to the local gym and try it (haven't seen what they have for free weights yet.)

That, or Joanne and I discussed this alternative, since she has access to two (count 'em!) 8-lb dumbbells.

21-15-9 of
Dumbbell Thrusters
Dumbbell Swings.

I'll see what I can find for heavy things in the basement. If I could find one heavy thing to use that would probably be enough... perhaps a partially disassembled Weider cable machine could be useful after all?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

J4 said...

Nicely done! I just got back on track today and hoo-boy I had trouble coming back downstairs. Stumble stumble stumble... I'm such a wuss.

J4 said...

The thrusters and swings, perhaps not such a swift idea. Am crippled today. *sigh* So, um, it seems like good exercise there!

JaHo said...

Excellent. Good job Joanne!

First rule of Crossfit: the simpler it looks on paper, the more painful it will be in practice.